There are several savings options at E&G EFCU members can take advantage of. All of our savings federally insured by the NCUA for at least $250,000.
- Regular savings account is the main account which makes an individual a member. Members need to maintain a balance of $25 in this account and it returns dividends on every dollar while maintaining its availability to the member.
- Club accounts are available to save for those special times of year, holiday time and for Summer vacations. Either club can be started at any time but each have a specific time to be disbursed with the dividends they earn. Holiday club accounts are disbursed around the 2nd week of October for Holiday shopping and the vacation club is disbursed the 2nd week of June for your vacation plans.
- Money market provides members higher dividend rates, while maintaining availability to members. Money market accounts do require a minimum balance of $2,500 and also are limited to 6 transactions per month. Plus, each transaction, deposit or withdrawal, must be for at least $200.00.
- Share certificate offer the highest dividend rates and do restrict access to the money saved within them for a specified term. Terms range from 6 to 36 months and require a minimum investment amount of $500.
- IRAs are also available to our members for retirement savings. These savings are invested into regular IRA savings or an IRA share certificate with a term of your choosing. This is a great way to set aside retirement savings without the risk of investing in stocks or bonds.